Technology & Innovation Centre (Main entrance)
99 George Street
The poster session will take place in the Level 3 Mezzanine. The poster boards are able to accommodate A0 portrait posters. Poster can be hung as soon as poster boards are available in the morning of 18th June, and need to be taken down at the end of the poster session.
Access via Eduroam is available to those visiting from other academic institutions – delegates should log on using the credentials provided by their home institution.
For those unable to use Eduroam, WiFi is available through Sky’s The Cloud:
- Select WiFi Guest from the list of your available networks
- Launch your preferred browser and click Get Online (if your browser does not automatically direct you to The Cloud homepage, please type https://www.thecloud.net or 22.214.171.124 into your preferred browser)
- Select Sign up now and click on Create Account
- If you have used a Cloud Wi-Fi account elsewhere before, you can use the same credentials. If not, select Create Account and enter all mandatory information requested.
- Select Continue
- You are now online!
Travel to Glasgow
From Glasgow Airport (GLA): take the Bus no. 500 to George Square (single £8/return £12)
From Edinburgh Airport (EDI): take the Bus Citylink Air to Buchanan Bus Station (45 to 60 min travel time, single £12 / return £20)
The local train station closest to the venue is High Street, while the two main Glasgow stations are Glasgow Central Station and Glasgow Queen Street station. For information, please refer to the National Rail website.
Travel within Glasgow
Glasgow offers very good public transportation, comprising buses, trains, and a subway.
Here, we list a selection of hotels located closest to the venue.
Park Inn Glasgow City Centre, 141 W George St (££)
Jurys Inn Glasgow, 80 Jamaica St (££)
Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow, 87 Union St (££)
Hotel Indigo, 75 Waterloo St (££)
Radisson Blu Glasgow, 301 Argyle St (££)
Grand Central Hotel, 99 Gordon St (££)
Mercure Hotel Glasgow, 201 Ingram St (££)
The Z Hotel Glasgow, 36 North Frederick St (££)
Nearby restaurants and pubs:
- Nourish @ TIC (this is a self-service within the Technology and Innovation Centre)
- Qua Italian (Italian)
- The Italian Kitchen (Italian)
- Amore Restaurant and Pizzeria (Italian)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki Glasgow (Japanese)
- Dakhin (Indian)
- City Merchant (rustic Scottish restaurant)
- Cafe Gandolfi (Scottish-Mediterranean cuisine in the Merchant City quarter)
- Doghouse (snacky food, burgers, … )
- Babbity Bowster (pub)
- Blackfriars Bar (pub)
- Paesano (pizzeria; a bit further away)
- Mono (vegetarian/vegan; a bit further away)
- Piece @ Inovo
- iCafe Merchant City
- Tim Hortons